Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Subcultures.

1. Two subcultures I am interested in learning about are MMORPG(massively multiplayer online role-playing game) players, and emo kids. For the MMORPG players, I can study how the dress, how the talk, their social behaviour, and why they are looked down upon by many people. For the emo kids, I can look at how they dress, what music they listen to, and what makes them so emo.

2. I liked the peer review and thought it was very helpful. I believe we should do more of these.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I think both of your topics would work well. I'd personally be more interested in the emo subculture, just because they're fairly odd people.

li Bird said...

It is hard for me to pick which subculture of yours I like best also. The emo kids you could go into if they really should be so umm depressed “I’ll just kill myself” sort of out look on the world, or event what class they generally belong to. From my experiences with my little sister’s friends they are middle class. In particular this one boy lives on Indian lake in Vicksburg. With the WWORPG you could go into if there are cretin similar social behaviors of people that make them become addicted to these extreme RPG’s.